Squash Radio (SqR)
In this episode, both a unique and the youngest guest, Mia Krishnamurthy, will be featured. She is the founder of Nova Apparel New York, the first Squash Apparel Company for women. At a very young age, she has achieved a lot. Currently, Mia is in college at Cornell University studying Economics. As an athlete, she is the highest national junior ranking of 33rd in GU19 and a three-time US Squash Scholar-Athlete award recipient.
In today’s episode, you will get some insights on how Mia built NOVA Apparel NYC at a very young age and how she overcame struggles and achieved her successes. Discover her roadblocks and learnings.
For those who want to start a business but do not know where to start, this episode may give you that light bulb! Listen and enjoy!
• Mia on starting and growing Nova Apparel NYC
• Balancing the design process with clients’ preference for her
• Her inspiration and learnings from entrepreneurs
• Platforms she uses to spend time with friends and customers
• Mia on achieving initial brand recognition
• Her Nova Apparel NYC products and expansion avenues
• What she thinks about being stereotyped by adults
• Open-mindedness and goal-setting in doing business for her
• She talks about goal-setting for Nova Apparel NYC
• The natural and unnatural parts in doing business for her
• Her best hopes for Nova and doing business in the future
• What she loves and what she wants to improve across all levels in squash
• Her advice to young squash players
• How Shark Tank inspired her
• Things that fires her up
• Her sources of happiness
Shoe Dog by Phil Knight – https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27220736-shoe-dog
How I built it by Guy Ruz – https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510313/how-i-built-this